The Dainese long sleeved Smart Jacket is a ventilated motorcycle jacket that combines the versatility of a light, ventilated garment with the intelligence and ultimate protection of the Dainese D-air® airbag system.
Smart Jacket LS does not require any connection to the motorcycle. It can be used as a normal ventilated jacket, without the need for other coordinating garments, and does not require a subscription.
Made of certified, abrasion-resistant, ventilated fabric, it is also suitable for use on the hottest days, ensuring excellent breathability. The Dainese D-air® system used in MotoGP™ and developed over 25 years of research monitors what is happening around the rider 1,000 times per second with its sensors.
With no need for cables or connections, it autonomously detects any dangerous situation and immediately activates the Shield, an engineered microfilament airbag that offers the highest level of protection to the chest and back, also limiting any neck and helmet movement. The system activates and protects in the event of sliding, high side, impact with an obstacle or vehicle, or rear-end collision, even when stationary.
With Smart Jacket LS, the Dainese D-air® system offers covered areas a level of protection equivalent to seven level 1 rigid back protectors, without the need for a rigid back protector. Smart Jacket LS integrates removable Pro-Armor Lev. 2, Type B protectors on the elbows and shoulders.
Pro-Armour technology offers limbs the highest level of protection as well as full mobility and exceptional ventilation, owing to its soft structure inspired by natural fractals and its 40% ventilated surface. Complete with two zippered side pockets, the wearer can practically store essential personal items so that they are always at hand.
- DOLOMITICERT procedural guideline (2016/425) - Level 1 back airbag (EN 1621-4 CB L1)
- DOLOMITICERT procedural guideline (2016/425) - Level 2 chest airbag (EN 1621-4 L2)
- DPI (2016/425)
- 2 outer pockets
- Rechargeable battery up to 26 hours
- Reflective inserts
- Sensor waterproofness
D-AIR® COVERED AREAS:
- Waist Adjustable System
- D-air® airbag system
- Pro-Armor protectors certified to EN 1621.1 Level 2 Type B on Elbows
- Pro-Armor protectors certified to EN 1621.1 Level 2 Type B on Shoulders
- Ventilated and Breathable
- Remember to ONLY activate the jacket when ON the bike and about to ride! This prevents accidental deployment.
- These jackets are for ROAD USE ONLY - do not wear on a track or race day, as they are not designed for this. - Dainese does offer a race jacket for track days, which has different activation modes to the two we stock.
- If you wish to purchase in-store, please bear in mind that the jackets need to be registered, and also take 4 hours to fully charge before their first use. We can do this in-store, or you can do this at home.